Monday, February 4, 2013

Retired!

January 31, 2013.  Last day of work.  WOW!  The day actually arrived.

At the retirement party - They had peel and stick mustaches for everyone.  Everyone had a mustache but me.  (A play off of when I shaved my mustache after 29 years last November).  The party was great.  Lots of folks showed up.  Lots of great stories.  Many of the things they remembered about me, I had forgot.  It was wonderful to take a look back and see how our lives had touched each other.


The Happy Retired Couple

Reminiscing with Chris Viola and Mike Osmundson

My retirement cake is a picture of a lazy boy recliner on wheels

Mike Swanson, our 3D modeling guru had been dabbling with a 3D printer.  This is an exact replica of the a Rod mill from the Northshore concentrator.  It has all of the liners, bolt holes and drive gear.  A very nice memento of my time at Northshore Mining.

Mike Mlinar, Theresa, Kris Small and Dan Scamehorn - all with mustaches.


1 comment:

  1. The mustaches are super fun. Looks like a great retirement party!

    ReplyDelete