Sunday, May 31, 2015

New York for Connor's Wedding

Connor Bassett (Peggy's nephew) & Emma Wood were married in New York City on April 25, 2015 and we were privileged to be invited and attend the wedding and luncheon. We flew out on Friday, attending the wedding Saturday and flew home Sunday.

Friday evening I walked around lower Manhattan to see a few sights.

 Graveyard at the Trinity Church


 The new World Trade Center


 Twin Tower Memorial.  The only other time I had been in NYC was about 1987 - way before 911.  It was very sobering to walk around the memorial.

 New York has interesting architectural details


All of my pictures of the wedding were quite bad except this one of Conner, his parents and grand parents.  I'm very sorry I don't have one to show of the bride.

1 comment:

  1. Nice! My mom got married here. She wanted me to get married here only but because of some issues we have booked a beautiful event space Chicago for the ceremony. I am excited to marry the love of my life who is also my best friend. It was wonderful going through this post. Congratulations to the couple!

    ReplyDelete