Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Random pictures and teaching

Here are a couple of random things that we have run into over the past couple of weeks that folks may find interesting.

First - We go to church each Sunday morning to the Navigli ward. Navigli is the name of an old shipping canal that runs from the lakes up north through south east Milano and south to Pavia.  The canal is no longer used to ship barges since 1978 but is still used for irrigation. Any way take a look at the way they park in front of the church.


Yes, the marked parking space is half on the road and half on the side walk. 

Also, while we were in Torino last week, we were shopping in an open street market and bought some of these. 


Yes, this is a peach. But it is flat. About the diameter as a normal peach, but only half the height. The flesh is a very pale white, and the flavor is a mix between peach and apricot. Very good. We will buy more the next time we see them. 

Almost everything is a new experience. Does all of this new discovery and learning make you young?  I hope so.  We are certainly engaged and busy in our work and doing all we can to enjoy the people and our time here. 

For the past couple of weeks, I have been helping the Navigli sister missionaries teach a guy. We meet with him a couple times a week.  The 1st time Peg and I attended the Navigli ward we were asked to come to the front and bare our testimonies. I kind of stumbled though mine in broken Italian and Peg translated for them. Jimmy, our investigator we are teaching, was there and I guess was quite taken by what I had to say. Anyway he seems to like me, so I have been doing what I can in the lessons. 4 to 5 times during each lesson (which I am catching about 10% of), everyone turns to me asks me a question. I answer in English and the sisters translate into Italian. I feel the Spirit when I am in these lessons. Anyway, this past Thursday he committed himself to baptized mid September with no prodding by the sisters. And he was very specific he wants me to baptize him and I must do it in 'Americana'.  Very interesting. I am very happy to lend what little assistance I can.  The church is true!

1 comment: